Saturday, September 22, 2012

Removing crap ware from computer.





One needs to be very careful what one downloads from the 

internet, especially free antivirus software. The software might 

be good and recommended by experts such as those on sites 

like CNET but what we are not told is that vendors of these 

softwares are not all honest. I have downloaded from 

companies like Innovative Solutions, only to find later that I 

could not uninstall them. Recently I installed Avira Free 

Antivirus, unaware that they had bundled it with crapware from 

a company called Ask.com. I was never asked if I wanted this 

shit and there was no easy way to get rid of it and Avira 

offered no help either. Then I remembered that Windows had 

SAFE MODE. I went into that, found my way into C/Program 

Files and deleted everything from Ask.com, and used my 

Glary Utilities (a wonderful program) and uninstalled the 

unwanted softwares. 

No comments:

Post a Comment