Monday, November 5, 2012

Beer may be good for your teeth.





Some time back I was on a visit to the Phillipines and after 

about 4 months there I went to a dentist to have my teeth 

cleaned. To my surprise he told me that my teeth were fine, 

that I had not developed any calculus or tartar. Now that 

country is very good if you like beer; the brew there is of very 

good quality (unlike in Thailand, for example) and cheap too. 

So I had found myself drinking the stuff almost daily. I did not 

suspect at the time that my clean teeth were in any way linked 

to my consumption of beer until I remembered a fellow in 

Denmark who had once told me that he never had tartar. That 

man was a huge fan of beer.

After many years I learn now, through the internet, that both 

wine and beer are rich in compounds with antibacterial activity 

and such activity had nothing to do with their alcohol content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment