Thursday, March 12, 2009

eczema

Recently I had the condition they call eczema (red, itchy rashes on the skin) so, as usual, I turned to the internet for help. Apparently there was no known cure for it. The Doctors resorted to steroid creams which do not work and are dangerous.
On the various discussion boards there seemed only one thing that people were sure actually worked against eczema and that was sea salt. The recommendation was made that you should go to the beach and soak yourself in the sea. That made me wonder if one could simply use ordinary table salt from the kitchen. So I took a glass of tap water, dissolved a few spoonfuls of salt in it and rubbed this salt water on my affected skin. And voila! my eczema began to disappear almost immediately.
But that didn't answer why the problem arose in the first place? Further research pointed the accusing finger at the following:
1) Food allergy, especially to milk and milk products.
2) Antibiotics
3) Excessive consumption of sugar/starch.
The last one seemed to be my problem. So I made some changes to my diet.
No more eczema.

No comments:

Post a Comment